Move Forward & Repair Credit with Our Greenville Bankruptcy Lawyer
There is no question that filing for bankruptcy is a serious life decision, and one that should not be taken lightly. While, undoubtedly, there are some initial negative effects of this decision, there are also steps that you can take to minimize their impact and restore your financial credibility. Your bankruptcy will appear on your credit report for 10 years, but by following a few key steps and practicing intelligent money management, you can ensure that you do not fall back into debt and that your financial future is secure.
Some key tips for rebuilding your credit and creating a healthy financial future after bankruptcy include:
- Make sure that all of your bills are always paid either early or on-time, and in-full.
- Create a strict, detailed monthly budget to prevent yourself from overspending.
- Put aside some of your disposable income into savings every month in order to have an “emergency cushion.”
- Apply for a credit card with a low balance.
- As much as possible, use cash or a debit card for everyday purchases.
- Before buying potentially unnecessary items, first ask yourself if you really need them.
- Create a detailed spending report of all your monthly purchases in order to understand how you spend your money, and how to adjust any bad spending habits that you discover.
Greenville Bankruptcy Lawyer Helping You Achieve a Fresh Financial Start
At Boyd Law Office, we like to tell clients that bankruptcy is not the end of the world. In fact, it is the end of worry. With the advice and guidance of our Greenville bankruptcy attorney, you can find your way out of debt and toward a fresh financial start by learning from past mistakes and sticking to an organized plan for the future. Rebuilding your credit can take a shorter amount of time than you ever thought possible.
If you are in Northwest Mississippi, contact our firm today at (662) 332-0202 and start on the path to freedom!