Life After Bankruptcy
Move Forward & Repair Credit with Our Southaven Bankruptcy Lawyer
There is no question that filing for
bankruptcy is a serious life decision, and one that should not be taken lightly.
While, undoubtedly, there are some initial negative effects of this decision,
there are also steps that you can take to minimize their impact and restore
your financial credibility. Your bankruptcy will appear on your credit
report for 10 years, but by following a few key steps and practicing intelligent
money management, you can ensure that you do not fall back into debt and
that your financial future is secure.
Some key tips for rebuilding your credit and creating a healthy financial
future after bankruptcy include:
- Make sure that all of your bills are always paid either early or on-time,
- Create a strict, detailed monthly budget to prevent yourself from overspending.
- Put aside some of your disposable income into savings every month in order
to have an "emergency cushion."
- Apply for a credit card with a low balance.
- As much as possible, use cash or a debit card for everyday purchases.
- Before buying potentially unnecessary items, first ask yourself if you
really need them.
- Create a detailed spending report of all your monthly purchases in order
to understand how you spend your money, and how to adjust any bad spending
habits that you discover.
Southaven Bankruptcy Lawyer Helping You Achieve a Fresh Financial Start
At Boyd Law Office, we like to tell clients that bankruptcy is not the
end of the world. In fact, it is the end of worry. With the advice and
guidance of our Southaven bankruptcy attorney, you can find your way out
of debt and toward a fresh financial start by learning from past mistakes
and sticking to an organized plan for the future. Rebuilding your credit
can take a shorter amount of time than you ever thought possible.
If you are in Northwest Mississippi, contact
today at (662) 332-0202 and start on the path to freedom!